Whether you have a painful back, are recovering from surgery, or have suffered an injury playing sport, our physiotherapists can help you recover full fitness and mobility.
At Highgate Private Hospital, our experienced Chartered Physiotherapists use a combination of the latest treatment techniques, exercise and advice to treat patients in our dedicated Physiotherapy suite. We recognise that everyone is different, tailoring our services to the needs of each individual patient.
Would I benefit from physiotherapy?
Our physiotherapists treat patients of all ages who have had surgery or who are experiencing physical challenges caused by illness, accident or ageing including:
- Back, neck and shoulder pain: identifying the cause of pain with an initial examination (including a full assessment of spinal movements, joints and muscles) followed by treatment as necessary
- Upper limb conditions: including the shoulder, elbow and wrist
- Lower limb conditions: including the groin, hip, knee, ankle and foot
- Sports injury: to treat acute sports injuries without delay, minimising pain and damage, so that patients return to sport safely and as soon as possible
- Post-operative rehabilitation: to aid recovery following orthopaedic and other surgical procedures, such as a joint replacement or ligament reconstruction
- Posture and workstation-related problems: for instance, working at computer stations which are not correctly set up for users can lead to back and neck pain. We provide practical advice (workstation assessments) and specialised stretching to alleviate this
- Prehab – a complete assessment and treatment plan designed to maximise your potential and condition prior to an operation. This will optimise your current function plus your post-operative rehab to significantly reduce the time it takes you to get back into work or your sporting activities.
About our Physiotherapists
All of our Physiotherapists are members of The Chartered Society of Physiotherapy and are registered with the Health and Care Professions Council (HCPC). They work closely with other specialists within the hospital, providing supportive services where necessary.