Neurosurgery is surgical treatment concerned with the prevention, diagnosis, and rehabilitation of disorders which affect any portion of the nervous system including the brain, spinal cord, and peripheral nerves.
Regular outpatient appointments are available with our Consultant Neurosurgeons, many of whom also have posts within the NHS. All are experts in their fields and some of the most experienced consultants and specialists that London has to offer.
Our consultants specialise in:
- Degenerative spinal conditions,
- Peripheral Nerve,
- Neurovascular Problems,
- Brain Tumours,
- CyberKnife and Gamma Knife treatments.
- Spinal injection therapy;
- Osteoporotic spinal fractures;
- kyphoplasty and vertebroplasty;
- Spinal degenerative conditions;
- Keyhole spinal surgery;
- Minimally invasive spinal surgery;
- Spinal microsurgery;
- Spinal surgery for trapped nerves;
- Spinal decompression surgery;
- Spinal fusion surgery;
- Spinal interspinous device surgery and spinal stabilization surgery.
- Spinal canal narrowing,
- Spinal tumours,
- Thoracic disc disease.
Your consultant may refer you to one of our Consultant Neurophysiologists for an EEG or EMG if you require specialised testing of the electrical functions of your brain, spinal cord and nerves in the limbs and muscles to help identify the site of the neurological disturbance and its likely cause.
Should further treatment be required, the hospital has 2 fully-equipped theatres where surgery can be carried out. There is little or no waiting time for surgery, your treatment can start as soon as you are ready.
*Please note that you will need a GP referral letter to be able to use most of our services.