Cardiology is the investigation, diagnosis and treatment of disorders of the cardiovascular system which includes the heart, arteries, veins, arterioles, venules, and capillaries.
We offer regular outpatient clinics with Consultant Cardiologists. We aim, wherever possible, to offer patients the convenience of a one-stop clinic to both reassure and make a diagnosis where necessary. We also provide cardiac screening to assess the health of your heart and your risk of developing cardiovascular disease.
Our Cardiology consultants specialise in:
- Blood pressure monitoring
- Cardiac screening
- Chest pain
- Coronary artery disease
- ECGs (to measure the electrical activity of the heart)
- Echocardiograms (an ultrasound scan of the heart)
- Exercise tolerance testing
- Heart disease
- Heart failure
- High blood pressure (Hypertension)
- Holter monitoring (records your heart’s rate and rhythm over a 24hr or 7-day period).
- Risk factors for ischaemic heart disease
- Breathlessness tests