Mr Niteen Tapuria
Consultant General Surgery, Laparoscopy and Hepatobiliary
QualificationsMBBS, MS, MD(RES), FRCS(Ed), FRCS(Intercollegiate UK)
Languages spoken:English, Hindi & Urdu
Main NHS base:
Milton Keynes University Hospital
- High volume practice in Laparoscopic /open surgery of gallbladder.
- Laparoscopic/open- bile duct exploration for stones.
- Minimally invasive/open groin hernia surgery with special interest in recurrent hernia and management of hernia in asymptomatic patients.
- Laparoscopic/open surgery of ventral/incisional hernia/umbilical hernia
- Multi disclipinary approach to management of complex abdominal wall hernia
- Laparoscopic/open surgery for spleen and biliary disease.
- Laparoscopic appendicectomy.
- Diagnostic laparoscopy for nonspecific pain abdomen and adhesiolysis.
- Laparoscopy for small bowel obstruction and acute abdomen
- Excision of skin lumps and bumps
- Proctology- management of haemorrhoids, fissure and anal skin tags
Training & background:
Mr Niteen Tapuria is a highly experienced Consultant Surgeon with special interest in laparoscopic surgery of the gallbladder, biliary system and abdominal/groin hernia. He also has a special interest in complex abdominal wall reconstruction both by open and minimally invasive techniques. More recently he has developed skills in Robotic Surgery and use of virtual reality in surgery and teaching.
His thorough approach combined with his endeavour to provide high quality and safe patient care ensuring utmost patient satisfaction makes him one of the most sought-after surgeons, held in high esteem by staff and patients.
Mr Tapuria has a high volume practice in General Surgery including emergency surgery. His outcomes supported by data from audits and patient reviews are excellent and his day case rate is 99%.
Mr Tapuria qualified in 1992 followed by MS in General Surgery from Delhi University and completed his higher specialist surgical training in General and Hepatobiliary Pancreatic Surgery across London’s most prestigious hospitals including UCLH, Royal Free Hospital, Royal Marsden Hospital and King’s College Hospital. Additionally, he completed the Mc Master fellowship at Queen Elizabeth Hospital Birmingham and a fellowship in Robotic surgery at University Hospital, Pisa. He was appointed as a HPB consultant at Royal Liverpool prior to moving to his current NHS base at Milton Keynes.
Mr Tapuria is a recipient of the European Society of Surgical Oncology Fellowship and Peter Samuel Grant. Mr Tapuria was awarded an MD in 2008 from the University College of London for his research work which demonstrated the protective role of preconditioning on organs by regulation of endothelial function. He has published in peer-reviewed journals and presented at international conferences. He is a reviewer for the British Journal of Surgery.
Personal website address:
- RCS Edinburgh
- Great Britain Hepatobiliary Pancreatic Association of UK
Please note these are regular clinics, other times may be available by appointment
M: Monthly sessions A: Consulting alternative weeks A/H: Ad Hoc