Mr Shiva Dindyal
Consultant Vascular & Endovascular Surgeon
QualificationsBSc(Hons), MBBS (Hons), MRCS(Edin), MRCS(Eng), FRCS(Eng), MD(Res)
Languages spoken:English & French
Main NHS base:
Basildon & Thurrock University Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust
Varicose veins / endovenous surgery
(vascular surgery, endovascular surgery and general surgery)
Training & background:
Mr Dindyal was born and raised in London and medically trained at the internationally renowned Imperial College School of Medicine London between 1997 and 2003 where he gained a Physiology BSc degree in 2000, before completing his Medical and Surgical degrees. He completed his Higher Surgical Training in the London Deanery – North East & Central Thames Specialist Registrar General Surgery rotation between 2010 and 2016 and a fellowship at the Brighton and Sussex University Hospitals NHS Trust. He then gained the Intercollegiate Fellowship of the Royal College of Surgeons of England in General Surgery with a sub-specialist interest in Vascular Surgery in 2015.
He completed his final years of training as the Senior Specialist Vascular Registrar in the world famous St Mary’s Hospital Vascular Unit, Imperial College Healthcare NHS Trust. He acted up at consultant level before and after gaining his Completion of Specialist Training Certification in this unit and was subsequently appointed as a Substantive Consultant Vascular and Endovascular surgeon in Basildon, Essex in 2016.
Mr Dindyal’s speciality areas include:
- Varicose Veins – conventional open, endovenous ablation (laser and radiofrequency), glue and foam sclerotherapy – ambulatory/day-case
- Deep Vein Thrombosis – in conjunction with the haematology medical team
- Lymphoedema and leg swelling
- Abdominal Aortic Aneurysms – endovascular stent-graft repair (EVAR) – elective and emergency rupture
- Thoracic Aortic Aneurysms – endovascular stent-graft repair (TEVAR)
- Peripheral Aneurysms – Popliteal and femoral
- Carotid Artery assessment and surgery in conjunction with the stroke medical team
- Diabetic Foot assessment and surgery – in conjunction with the diabetic medical team
- Peripheral Vascular Disease – angiograms, angioplasty, peripheral stenting and lower limb bypass
- Upper limb ischaemia and thoracic outlet syndrome
- Temporal Artery Biopsy – in conjunction with the rheumatology medical team
- Renal Access Surgery – Arterio-Venous Fistulae formation – in conjunction with the renal medical team
- Toe nail excisions
- Skin Grafting
- Lumps, bumps and skin excisions
- Vascular Services Reconfiguration
- Fellow of Royal College of Surgeons England
- British Society of Endovascular Therapy
- Vascular Society
Please note these are regular clinics, other times may be available by appointment
M: Monthly sessions A: Consulting alternative weeks A/H: Ad Hoc
Are you insured?
We welcome patients with private medical insurance and are approved by all major insurers, including Bupa and AXA PPP.
Find out more
We offer a variety of fixed price Self-Pay Packages for those considering paying for their own treatment.
Find out more