Mr Paul Flora
Consultant General & Vascular Surgeon
QualificationsBSc(Hons), MBBS, MRCS, FRCS(GenSurg), MSc
Main NHS base:
Barts Health NHS Trust (The Royal London Hospital)
Mr Flora has particular interest in the following:
- All types of minor surgery including skin, subcutaneous, ingrowing toenails and microsclerotherapy
- Hernia treatment and surgery
- All abdominal wall hernias treated with conventional and laparoscopic techniques
- Varicose veins and thread veins: EVLT and VNUS treatments; injection sclerotherapy
- Carotid artery disease
All aortic and peripheral aneurysms using both key hole and conventional open techniques
- Peripheral arterial disease
- Leg pain – internittent claudication, Popliteal Artery Syndrome
- Leg ulceration
- Leg swelling-
DVT, Venous insufficiency, Lymphoedema
- Pelvic pain
- Upper limb pain
-Thoracic outlet syndrome
- Hyperhidrosis or excessive sweating:
- AV malformations/ other vascular tumours
Soft tissue swellings and masses
Lumps and bumps to limbs, torso and neck
- Thyroids, Parathyroids and Adrenals
Training & background:
Harpaul (Paul) is a Consultant Vascular surgeon with a special interest in endovascular and advanced laparoscopic, or keyhole, surgery. He qualified from The London Hospital Medical College, University of London, in 1995. He achieved a distinction in his Masters in Surgery and went on to train throughout the major vascular centres in London.
He went on an advanced laparoscopic fellowship in Hong Kong sponsored by Ethicon and the Circulation Foundation prior to taking up his appointment as a Consultant Surgeon at St Barts and The Royal London NHS Trust in 2007. He has published widely within Vascular and General surgery literature and has presented his work both nationally and internationally. He remains actively involved in teaching both at undergraduate and postgraduate level He has a wide-ranging busy clinical vascular practice as well as holding roles in senior management.
His interests are in minimally invasive surgery; in particular, endovascular aortic aneurysm surgery and he is currently developing laparoscopic and thoracoscopic techniques in vascular surgery. He was the first surgeon in the UK to perform the Barostim procedure for the regulation of hypertension. He also has specific interests in varicose veins (EVLT, Venefit, and glue) deep venous disease, carotid disease, stroke, diabetic foot disease, peripheral arterial disease, Thoracic outlet syndrome and vascular tumours.
He continues to maintain an interest in General Surgery.
He has appeared on various radio shows, the BBC news and Mail on Sunday.
He is now the director for AAA screening program in North East London and overall Clinical network director for vascular surgery in Barts Health NHS Trust.
- Consultant Surgeon, St Bartholomew’s Hospital and The Royal London NHS Trust
- Honorary Senior Lecturer, QMWUL
- Director for AAA screening program in North East London
- Clinical Director of Vascular surgery at Barts Health NHS trust
- Network Director of Vascular surgery at Barts Health NHS trust
- Clinical Director of Vascular surgery at Barts Heart Centre, Barts Health NHS trust
- Steering group for laparoscopic AAA repair
- Association of Laparoscopic Surgeons of GB and Ireland
- Fellow of the Royal College of Surgeons of England
- British association of endocrine and thyroid surgeons
- British Hernia Society
- Vascular Society
Please note these are regular clinics, other times may be available by appointment
M: Monthly sessions A: Consulting alternative weeks A/H: Ad Hoc
Are you insured?
We welcome patients with private medical insurance and are approved by all major insurers, including Bupa and AXA PPP.
Find out more
We offer a variety of fixed price Self-Pay Packages for those considering paying for their own treatment.
Find out more