Mr Mohamed Ahmed
Consultant Orthopaedic Spinal Surgeon
QualificationsMB BS, Trauma & Orthopaedic Specialist
Languages spoken:English, Norwegian & Arabic
Main NHS base:
Princess Alexandra Hospital NHS Trus
Trauma and orthopaedics with a special interest in spinal surgery.
Mr Ahmed has a specialist interest in degenerative conditions of the spine, spinal deformity trauma, infections and tumours of the spine.
Mr Ahmed carries out the following procedures:
- Endoscopic Lumbar spine Discectomy
- Microdiscectomy for Lumbar disc prolapse
- Spinal decompression for spinal stenosis
- Cervical Disc replacement
- Anterior cervical discectomy with fusion (ACDF)
- Lumbar fusion (including posterior and intervertebral PLIF, TLIF and XLIF)
- Inter-spinous process spacers, cement augmentation (kyphoplasty or vertebroplasty) for osteoporotic fractures or spinal tumours and stabilisation for trauma or tumours
- Spinal injections
- Caudal Epidural injection
- Sacroiliac joint injection and stabilization
- Minimally invasive spinal surgery including percutaneous pedicle screws and extreme lateral interbody fusion
- Laser Lumbar Discectomy
Fees, Training & Background:
Mr Ahmed completed my basic surgical training and carried out his specialist registrar training Trauma and Orthopaedics in Norway. Mr Ahmed undertook a spinal fellowship at Cardiff University Hospital where he gained an excellent surgical experience across the full range of spinal procedures.
Mr Ahmed practice at Princess Alexandra Hospital in Harlow where he is actively involved in the development and expansion of the spinal unit. He has published in peer review journals and presented at national and international meetings. Mr Ahmed is actively involved in teaching medical students.
Member of The British Association of Spinal Surgeons
Member of The Norwegian Medical Association
Member of BMA
NASS North American Spine Society