Mr Maneesh Ghei
Consultant Urological Surgeon
QualificationsMBBS, MS (Gen Surg), MRCS, MD (UCL), FRCS(Urol)
Main NHS base:
Whittington Health NHS Trust
All general and core urology. Endourology and stones. Prostate bladder. Renal cancer. Laparoscopy and minimally invasive urology.
Training and Background
Mr Mr Maneesh Ghei completed his medical degree (MBBS) in Pt. BDS Post graduate Institute of Medical sciences, India.
He went on to serve his residency in General Surgery at the same Institute leading on to the award of Masters in Surgery (MS). It was at the Whittington Hospital, London that he pursued clinical research and lead the first ever randomised, double blind, placebo controlled, crossover trial looking at the treatment of Botulinum Toxin in refractory Overactive bladders. This research received worldwide recognition and lead on to numerous national and International publications in esteemed peer reviewed journals. He received an award of Doctor of Medicine (MD) from the University of London.
Mr Ghei completed his comprehensive Urological training in South Wales, UK where he procured a fellowship in treatment of Urological stone disease and Laparoscopy in the final year. During this time he successfully passed the FRCS (Urol).
He is currently working as a Consultant Urological Surgeon at the Whittington Hospital, Archway, London and currently advises on a variety of Urological diseases based on his expertise:
- Prostate – Benign Prostate Hyperplasia – BPH
- Lower Urinary Tract Symptoms – LUTS
- Bladder – Stress Incontinence, Urge Incontinence, Overactive Bladder – OAB, Bladder Pain Syndrome / Interstitial Cystitis
- Rapid access Diagnostic Urology – Raised PSA, Suspected Prostate Cancer, Concerns regarding risk of Prostate Cancer, Erectile Dysfunction, Chronic Prostatitis/Chronic Pelvic Pain Syndrome.
- Haematuria (Blood in the Urine) – Suspected Bladder Cancer, Suspected Kidney Cancer / Renal Cancer.
- Conditions of the Penis and Foreskin – Phimosis and Circumcision, Frenuloplasty request, Peyronies Disease.
- Conditions of the Scrotum – Suspected Testicular Cancer, Testicular Pain, Hydrocoele, Varicocoele, Epididymal Cysts, Undescended Testes.
- Urinary Tract Infections
- All Urological Emergencies – Renal Colic (kidney stones), Acute Urinary Retention, Testicular Torsion, Urinary Tract Trauma, Urethral and Suprapubic Catheter related problems.
- Stone disease of the urinary tract
- Minimally Invasive Surgical Treatments – Percutaneous Nephrolithotomy or PCNL (Keyhole surgery for large kidney stones), Rigid and Flexible Ureterorenoscopy and Laser treatment of renal and ureteric stones, Extracorporeal Shockwave Lithotripsy (ESWL). For prostate and bladder problems – Transurethral Resection of Prostate (TURP), Transurethral Resection of Prostate (TURBT), Green Light Laser Prostatectomy (GLLPVP, Botox injections for Overactive Bladder (OAB).
- Minimally Invasive Treatment (Laparoscopy) – Laparoscopic Nephrectomy, Laparoscopic Pyeloplasty, Treatment of varicocoele (varicose veins of the testicle), Management of undescended testicles.
Are you insured?
We welcome patients with private medical insurance and are approved by all major insurers, including Bupa and AXA PPP.
Find out more
We offer a variety of fixed price Self-Pay Packages for those considering paying for their own treatment.
Find out more