Mr Austin Obichere
Consultant General & Colorectal Surgeon
QualificationsMBBS, MD, FRCS
Main NHS base:
University College London Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust
- Bowel cancer, screening and surgical treatment,
- General/laparoscopic colorectal surgery
- Rectal bleeding.
Training & background:
Mr Obichere is Consultant General / Laparoscopic Colorectal Surgeon, University College London Hospital (UCLH) & Hon. Senior Lecturer University College London (UCL). He completed specialist training in Coloproctology at St. Mark’s Hospital, London and at the Mount Sinai Hospital, Toronto, Canada. He is Clinical Lead for Colorectal Cancer and Director of the Bowel Cancer Screening Programme at UCLH.
Specialist areas include:
- Laparoscopic (keyhole) surgery for colorectal cancer and other diseases of the gastrointestinal tract
- Colonoscopy screening for bowel cancer (JAG Accredited Bowel Cancer Screening Colonoscopist)
- Surgery for Crohn’s disease, Ulcerative Colitis and Faecal Incontinence including Anal Sphincter Repair
- Treatment of Haemorrhoids, Rectal Bleeding and other benign anal conditions
- Laparoscopic Cholecystectomy for gallstone disease and surgical repair of abdominal wall hernia.
Please note these are regular clinics, other times may be available by appointment
M: Monthly sessions A: Consulting alternative weeks A/H: Ad Hoc
Are you insured?
We welcome patients with private medical insurance and are approved by all major insurers, including Bupa and AXA PPP.
Find out more
We offer a variety of fixed price Self-Pay Packages for those considering paying for their own treatment.
Find out more