Mr Ali Noorani
Consultant Trauma & Orthopaedic Surgeon
QualificationsMBBS, BSc(Hons), MRCS, FRCS(Tr&Orth)
Main NHS base:
Barts Health NHS Trust (St Bartholomew's & The Royal London Hospitals)
- Shoulder Instability including Traumatic, Atraumatic, and Muscle Patterning Instability (Multidirectional Instability)
- Sports Injuries with a special interest in treatment of the Shoulder and Elbow Sports Injuries
- Management of Rotator Cuff Injuries and Frozen Shoulder
- Pec Major, Biceps, ACJ and Sternoclavicular joint Injuries in athletes
- Arthroscopy of the Shoulder, Elbow, and Wrist
- Shoulder Arthroplasty (Primary and Revision)
- Elbow Arthroplasty (Primary and Revision)
- Hand and Wrist Surgery including a MDT approach to carpal tunnel syndrome
- Trauma with a special interest in Upper Limb Trauma including Clavicle/ACJ/Scapula/Proximal Humerus, Elbow, Hand and Wrist injuries
- Management of Early Onset Arthritis
- Rehabilitation of the Shoulder and Elbow
Training & background:
Mr Noorani qualified from the Imperial College School of Medicine (London) in the year 2000. He completed his Orthopaedic and Trauma training on the prestigious Royal London Hospital rotation and has further specialised in Upper Limb Surgery including Trauma & Sports injuries. He became a Fellow of the Royal College of Surgeons (FRCS Trauma & Orth) in 2009.
He undertook further Specialist Fellowship training in Shoulder, Elbow and Upper Limb Surgery at the world-renowned Upper Limb fellowship programme at The Royal Liverpool Hospital. The Liverpool Upper Limb Unit Fellowship is one of best in the country specialises in complex arthroscopic shoulder surgery and upper limb trauma surgery.
This complements his 16 months during his training at Stanmore with the Shoulder and Elbow Service where the bulk of the work was complex revision Arthroplasty and Instability and at the Peripheral Nerve Injury Unit. This was in addition to his experience in Upper Limb Surgery including complex trauma at the Royal London.
He was also awarded the coveted Annual British Shoulder and Elbow Society Fellowship in 2010, and the equally impressive British Orthopaedic Association Fellowship in 2011. He used these fellowships to gain further valuable training in Upper Limb and Trauma Surgery in the US, at Harvard University, the Mayo Clinic, Columbia University, and the Rothman Institute. He was also awarded an AO trauma fellowship to Salzburg.
Currently, Mr Noorani also works at St Bartholomew’s and Royal London Hospital (Barts Health NHS) as a substantive Orthopaedic and Trauma Surgeon, specialising in trauma and upper limb surgery. This hospital is a tertiary referral centre for complex upper limb patients.
- Founding member of the Royal London Orthopaedic and Trauma Society and the Barts Orthopaedic Fund
- European Society for Shoulder and Elbow Rehabilitation (EUSSER)
- British Shoulder and Elbow Society
- British Orthopaedic Association
- British Medical Association
- Fellow of the Royal College of Surgeons
Please note these are regular clinics, other times may be available by appointment
M: Monthly sessions A: Consulting alternative weeks A/H: Ad Hoc
Are you insured?
We welcome patients with private medical insurance and are approved by all major insurers, including Bupa and AXA PPP.
Find out more
We offer a variety of fixed price Self-Pay Packages for those considering paying for their own treatment.
Find out more