Dr Roman Cregg
Consultant in Pain Medicine and Anaesthesia
QualificationsMB BS (Hons), FRCA, FFPMRCA, PhD (UCL)
Main NHS base:
University College London Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust
- Musculoskeletal medicine,
- Spinal pain,
- Complex unexplained pain conditions,
- Personalised medicine,
- Medicolegal work,
- Research in chronic pain
- Medical innovations.
Fees, Training & Background:
Dr Cregg is a Consultant in Pain Medicine and Anaesthesia at the National Hospitalfor Neurology and Neurosurgery and UCH, London, UK. He completed training in anaesthesia rotating between the King’s College London, University College London, Chase Farm and Barnet and the Royal Free Hospitals.
His Advanced Pain Medicine fellowship was based at the lmperial School, London and held appointments at Chelsea and Westminster, Hillingdon and The Royal Marsden Hospitals. Dr Roman Cregg went further supplementing his sub-specialty pain training with attachments to Guys’ and St Thomas’ hospitals (advanced neuromodulation) and Cleveland Clinic, OH, USA (interventional management of headaches) before taking up his current permanent post as a consultant.
Dr Cregg clinical activities are centered around the multidisciplinary management of acute, chronic and cancer pain and have the following clinical interests:
- interventional cancer pain management
- urogenital I pelvic / abdominal chronic pain
- rare inherited pain conditions such as erythromelalgia, CIPA and Paroxysmal extreme pain disorder
- central pain syndromes
- neuropothic pain
- intraoperative anaesthetic management of complex patients with the aim of preventing development of persistent postoperative pain (PPP)
- pain originating in the back, spine and neck, other chronic musculoskeletal (MSK) pain disorders
- International Headache Society
- International Neuromodulation Society
- International Association for the Study of Pain
- British Society for Gene and Cell Therapy
- Royal Society of Medicine
- Society of Expert Witnesses
Are you insured?
We welcome patients with private medical insurance and are approved by all major insurers, including Bupa and AXA PPP.
Find out more
We offer a variety of fixed price Self-Pay Packages for those considering paying for their own treatment.
Find out more