Dr Oliver Guttmann
Qualifications• BA (Hons) - University of Cambridge 2002
• MA (Hons) - University of Cambridge 2005
• MBBS - University College London 2005
• MRCP - Royal College of Physicians 2008
• Dr.med - Ludwig-Maximillians-University, Munich, Germany 2008
• MD (Res) - University College London 2015
Languages spoken:English & German
Main NHS base:
St. Bartholomew's Hospital, Bart’s Heart Centre
- General Cardiology (Hypertension, Palpitations, Hypercholesterolaemia)
- Ischaemic Heart Disease and Chest pain management
- Inherited Heart Muscle Disease/Cardiomyopathy
- Hypertrophic cardiomyopathy
- Alcohol septal ablation for hypertrophic cardiomyopathy
- Coronary angiography and Percutaneous coronary intervention
- Inflammatory heart muscle disease
Fees, Training & Background:
Dr Oliver Guttmann studied at Cambridge University and University College London, graduating with a first-class BA (Hons) in Neuroscience and merit in Medicine. He became a member of the Royal College of Physicians before completing his training in cardiology at the Heart Hospital, London Chest Hospital and the Barts Heart Centre. He obtained his MD (Res) for research in atrial fibrillation and stroke in hypertrophic cardiomyopathy at University College London.
Dr Guttmann now works as a Consultant Cardiologist in Inflammatory and Inherited Heart Muscle Disease and Coronary Intervention at St Bartholomew’s Hospital. He is a Honorary Associate Professor at University College London. He treats all patients with suspected or confirmed cardiomyopathies and has particular expertise in myocarditis and hypertrophic cardiomyopathy. Dr Guttmann also consults in general adult cardiology and has a special interest in chest pain and coronary interventions.
Dr Guttmann also takes an interest in research and has published articles on inherited and inflammatory heart disease, risk stratification in cardiomyopathy and outcomes of percutaneous coronary intervention. He is the Clinical Lead for the Coronary Care Unit at Barts, also edits proposals for Cochrane Heart and is a member of the working group on pericardial and myocardial disease of the European Society of Cardiology and the Finance Committee of the British Cardiovascular Society.
- AICC – Association for Inherited Cardiac Conditions
- ESC Working Group for Pericardial and Myocardial Diseases
- British Cardiac Society
- British Medical Association
- Medical Defence Union
- Royal College of Physicians
- British Cardiovascular Intervention Society
Are you insured?
We welcome patients with private medical insurance and are approved by all major insurers, including Bupa and AXA PPP.
Find out more
We offer a variety of fixed price Self-Pay Packages for those considering paying for their own treatment.
Find out more