Dr Akeel Alisa
Consultant Gastroenterologist & Hepatologist
QualificationsBSc, MB:BChir, MRCP (Gastro.), MD (Res), FRCP
Main NHS base:
Royal Free London NHS Foundation Trust (Barnet Hospitals)
- Irritable Bowel Syndrome & Food Intolerance
- Coeliac disease
- Heartburn & Acid Reflux
- Abdominal pain
- Constipation, Diarrhoea and Changes in Bowel Habit
- Inflammatory Bowel Disease
- Weight loss & Nutrition
Upper and Lower Diagnostic & Therapeutic Endoscopy;
Gastroscopy, Colonoscopy, Flexible Sigmoidoscopy, complex polyp removal by endoscopic mucosal resection (EMR), stricture dilatation & stent insertion, Gastrointestinal bleeding, feeding tubes (PEG/PEJ) and Capsule Endoscopy.
- Abnormal liver tests
- Viral hepatitis
- Fatty liver
- Monitoring chronic liver disease
- Non-invasive test for liver scarring (Fibroscan)
- Royal College of Physicians
- British Medical Association
- British Association for the Study of the Liver
- United European Gastroenterology
- European Society of Gastrointestinal Endoscopy
Please note these are regular clinics, other times may be available by appointment
M: Monthly sessions A: Consulting alternative weeks A/H: Ad Hoc
Are you insured?
We welcome patients with private medical insurance and are approved by all major insurers, including Bupa and AXA PPP.
Find out more
We offer a variety of fixed price Self-Pay Packages for those considering paying for their own treatment.
Find out more